

My first day at Learn n Serve was very stressful. I was helping this student write her paper, while another students needed help with a paper as well. I had the two of them sit next to me, so I could help both. While I was helping one of the students, the other one was being so rude, calling the student hurtful names. Then the student took his pencil and was "stroking" my hair with it. So when the teacher saw this she said it was considered sexual harassment, so she told me to write what the student had done, and that it was going to be reported.
The student calling names and stroking my hair was in need of attention. In the text, it is stated that ADHD students typically gets distracted very easily, talks excessively, can't sit in chair and wonders around classroom, and dislikes activities such as school. It never occurred to me that maybe this student had ADHD. I honestly thought he was just a child who didn't get enough attention at home, that he felt the need to act out in the classroom in order to get that attention. This makes perfect sense and I hope that this student gets tested for ADHD soon so it will help him in the long run.

So did you have to write a detention slip or what actually happend? I think that's a little much to have called that "sexual harassment" seems like that kid needs to be put in his place though and stop causing so many disruptions in the classroom!!
ReplyDelete