a classroom i am normally not in. The classroom they put me in was in a fourth grade classroom that was next door to my normal class. The substitute teacher was having difficulties getting the students to stop acting out and to just do their work. This sub was very quiet and not forceful what so ever. Students were all over the place screaming across the room, basically acting the opposite of how they would if their regular teacher was there. I pulled two of the students aside and explained to them that being a substitute teacher is hard enough and to stop misbehaving or I would separate the two of them. I also asked them how they would feel if they were the only new person in a classroom. Bo
th students agreed that they weren't acting very nice and they would stop. I never had to talk to the students again.
Even though some teacher's personalities are shy, and they don't want to make student's angry with them, I feel as though it is important to automatically have the powerful role in the classroom. If not, the students will walk all over the teacher.


No comments:
Post a Comment